Careers with Heritage Home Inspectors
Certified Home Inspector
Home inspections are a vital process in any real estate transaction. A home inspector needs to have proper education and training to cover the broad spectrum of building standards throughout the various years that a home or other structure may have been built. With the spring/busy season rapidly approaching we are looking for a licensed home inspector to join our increasingly growing team. This is a contract, 1099 position. Our inspectors provide us their availability and we will fill inspections as possible. The schedule will vary due to availability and season.
• Perform inspections using a computer program to record observations to report back to the Real Estate Agent and/or the Client.
• Ability to identify “defects” within a home or structure, photograph such defects, document the findings and communicate the findings to the client in a non-alarming manner.
• Physical requirements: A home inspector should be in good physical shape and condition as they will often be performing the following physical tasks:
• Carrying, setting up and climbing ladders
• Accessing and walking on various roof materials, sometimes traversing areas/roof surfaces that are 20 to 30 feet from the ground.
• Accessing and traversing attic spaces (tight spaces and high temperatures are common), good balance and equilibrium are needed.
• Accessing and traversing under structure crawl spaces (tight spaces, often contain pests, remnants of pests, insects, spider webs, moisture, electrical and other components of the foundation of a structure).
• Ability to work in high-temperature environments (summer) and low temperature and wet environments (winter), outside work is required no matter what type of weather on the day of the inspection.
• Must have passed the National Exam.
• Licensed to read and perform radon tests.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Strong amplitude for computer technology.
• Candidates must have a clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
• Successful inspectors must be available to perform inspections when booked. Schedules will vary.
• We’re looking for people-oriented candidates that possess the right attitude and attention to detail
Home Inspector Apprenticeship
For the right candidate, Heritage Home Inspectors is willing to train and mentor individuals wanting to enter the home inspection industry. For more details, apply using the form on the right and Heritage Home Inspectors will connect with you and discuss further.